Monday, September 24, 2007

teaching the old dog new tricks.....

Usually when I work on projects that I'm going to sell, I don't take time to teach myself new stitches.

Since I have just acquired some new materials that I want to put into designs that don't have something behind them (because I want the light to shine through), I figured it was worth while to learn a couple of new things.

For a while I had been trying to figure out how to put a "bezel" or frame around a stone without attaching it to a backing, and yesterday morning I found an instruction on the web to do this.

This is the front of the tiger eye cab......


and this is the back!

Way cool!!!

From here this could be attached into a larger woven piece, or it could just have a bail and a cord.....



And this is the other technique I spent time on. This is called Right Angle Weave, and eventually I will be able to make this into a long tube that can be used as a cord for a necklace.

I still have several other techniques I want to learn, so I will be doing some more "play days" soon. Possibly next Sunday as I have requested books from the library and hope to pick up some more things from them......

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Definitely Way Cool! That looks great!