Friday, September 21, 2007

new materials to work with



While I was in Springfield last weekend, one of the "sales" I made was to another artist.

She very much wanted a necklace that we had put together (a beautiful piece of pink tourmaline set in sterling silver), but hadn't done so well that she could justify the price.

Her question to me was would I trade some of her work for that piece.

Well, the answer was "yes indeed!!"

These are all pieces of her glass work. She makes some beautiful glass beads that she strings into wonderful pieces of jewelry, and she creates her own glass cabs to use for wirewrapping.

These pieces were what she had on her workbench that had not yet been used for jewelry and I might add that she let me go through an entire tray to pick out whatever pieces I liked.

She uses real silver in with her glass and that is part of what creates the amazing "swirly" look to the bigger pieces.

Now I just need to start working up some designs to use these in!

No comments: